[Daniel's week] July 14, 2023

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Fri Jul 14 23:51:44 CEST 2023

Hello friends!

## Vacation

I was away for two weeks with my family but I'm now back home. I am still in
something of a "slow mode" for a few more weeks where I spend less time than
normally working and more time off. I think this might be reflected in my
weekly emails as I might get less to talk about.

## Release work

The next curl release is happening next week so this week has been a lot about
making sure to merge all pull requests that are ready and that fix problems we
want see addressed in the release, and work with the people submitting issues
to see if we can fix as many of them as possible before the release.

Nothing unusual in other words: just a normal week-before-release.

## Security

We have received a report about a medium severity security vulnerability in
past curl releases that we will patch and annouce to the public in association
with the pending release. We have a CVE and we have told the distros mailing
list about it.

I have no doubts that NVD will inflate the severity of it in their database.

## Coming up

- curl 8.2.0 on Wednesday. With the traditional release video stream.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se