libssh2_session_block_directions returning zero

Jente Hidskes hjdskes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 23:50:47 CET 2021

Hi all,

Working on a small SFTP client, I am running into the situation where
libssh2_session_block_directions returns zero. According to the
documentation[0], libssh2_session_block_directions returns a bitmask
of LIBSSH2_SESSION_BLOCK_INBOUND and LIBSSH2_SESSION_BLOCK_OUTBOUND
and tells us what to do in case either or both of these are set. What
is the right thing to do in case neither is set, or am I doing
something wrong and this function should never return zero?

Thanks in advance,

Jente

[0] https://www.libssh2.org/libssh2_session_block_directions.html