Debian considers switching curl to use libssh instead of libssh2

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Fri Dec 31 02:13:06 CET 2021

Hello,

I'm the maintainer for the Debian package libssh2.
I didn't know about this bug until you mentioned it Daniel.

I'm sorry if my response is not relevant, I'm the maintainer for not a
long time so I may be missing some context or background.

I'm wondering if there is a technical or security issue that could
prevent libssh2 to be replaced by libssh in curl package?

Apart from that, I think the argument "All the other distros are doing
that, so why not us?" is not relevant.

If there is no reason to choose one libssh or another, then it's a lot
of time spent for no obvious reason IMHO.

/Nicolas