crypto engine

Bastien Durel bastien.durel at data.fr
Fri Nov 19 16:41:13 CET 2021

Hello,

Is there a way to say during runtime (or maybe at compile time) which
crypto engine is backing libssh2 ?

The code I wrote uses libssh2_userauth_publickey_frommemory, which
fails with LIBSSH2_ERROR_PUBLICKEY_UNVERIFIED / "Callback returned
error" when the crypto engine is not OpenSSL.
I'd like to know if I have to write key material to temporary files

Debian version of libssh2 is built against libgcrypt20 but arch's
version is built against openssl, which confused me a lot :/

Thanks,

--
Bastien Durel
DATA