How to print the SSH host key as a client

Jente Hidskes jente.hidskes at klarna.com
Wed Feb 9 11:30:15 CET 2022

Hi Ján,

Thanks for your reply! I quickly tested with libssh2_session_startup
but it makes no difference unfortunately. It's good to know what I
need is possible with libssh2, though!

I did find that if I retrieve the length of the key, I get 279 (and
the key type is PLAIN). Yet printing it still returns the empty
string.
To show what I mean, here's the output of my code:

$ ./sftp 10.241.167.53 22 user pass
Fingerprint: 28 75 36 2E B2 8B E8 8D 87 63 28 9F 42 0E D1 6F 2D 8B 38 EE
Host key: ""
Host key type: 1
Host key length: 279
all done

I uploaded my example code here[1], in case it helps. I am using libssh2 1.10.0.

Thanks,

Jente

[1] https://gist.github.com/Hjdskes/898cd7389b447f75c9ca0798097ac436

Jente Hidskes