[ANNOUNCE] c-ares.org downloads and website updates

Brad House brad at brad-house.com
Thu Jun 6 23:42:36 CEST 2024

Hello team!

I just wanted to announce that https://c-ares.org is now hosted by
GitHub Pages (with a custom domain) rather than a dedicated server that
Daniel has graciously maintained all these years.

Any distributions that are currently pulling packages from
https://c-ares.org/download/c-ares-X.Y.Z.tar.gz (or even the legacy
https://c-ares.haxx.se) are now broken.  Please update your packaging
scripts to point to the github release assets, which is now the official
repository for signed release packages.

On another note, there is now a new package signing key approved for
upcoming releases, mine :)

Brad House <brad at brad-house.com> - DA7D64E4C82C6294CB73A20E22E3D13B5411B7CA
https://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xda7d64e4c82c6294cb73a20e22e3d13b5411b7ca

We will likely be trying this out for the c-ares 1.30.0 release tomorrow
am (EDT), and track what fallout arises.

Please note that Daniel's signing key is still valid and he may perform
additional releases in the future as well.  This just adds redundancy to
the release process so we're not blocked on any single individual.

For updated download links as well as information on valid signing keys,
please see https://c-ares.org/download/

Thanks!

-Brad House