Request for libssh2 1.8.0

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Tue Mar 29 14:36:29 CEST 2022

On Tue, 29 Mar 2022, OTTEN Stef via libssh2-devel wrote:

> According to our information your software could be subject to the Export
> Administration Regulations (EAR) when it is either hosted in the United
> States of America or if any contributor is a resident of the United States
> of America (for more information on this subject, please consult
> https://www.bis.doc.gov/).

I'm sure at least one contributor to libssh2 is or has been a resident of the
United States.

> We therefore kindly ask you if your libssh2 1.8.0 software) is subject to
> the EAR and, if so, to provide us with the ECCN that applies to libssh2
> 1.8.0

I think you can figure that out yourself just as well as anyone else.

This has been asked before, and in 2012 this was the answer:

https://www.libssh2.org/mail/libssh2-devel-archive-2012-08/0027.shtml

--

  / daniel.haxx.se