How should my libssh2-based client handle gratuitous keepalives from the ssh server?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Sep 26 14:26:33 CEST 2022

Vladimir Giszpenc via libssh2-devel wrote:
> >> Is there a recommended way to handle this issue?
..
> >The real solution is to add a generic protocol handler function,
>
> Was a generic protocol handler function ever added?

No.

> Is it planned for some future release?

Not to my knowledge - though that means very little.

Worst case it might need restructuring a very common pattern throughout
the library, so it could be a very large code change even though it
might not actually change too much in how the library functions.

That kind of work is rarely valued much. :)

//Peter